Fun & Easy Fund Raising Idea
When you are in a crunch and need to raise some money for an event or organization, it can be a bit tough to come up with simple and affordable fundraising ideas! Candy grams are simple and cost effective.
Fun & Easy Fundraising
Candy Grams are one of the best fundraisers that can be done in schools. They are a great fundraising idea that can go all year round! Candy Grams are a flexible fundraiser that you can switch up for any occasion, holiday or event! They are easily altered by changing the little goodies inside! They are cost efficient, fun for students to make, give, and receive!
It is a task that can be completed by a group of students, (student council) and a couple of staff to supervise! A couple of lunch breaks or a few after school Candy Cram sessions, is all you will need! Getting students involved in their own fundraising as much as possible is, so very important! Instead of bringing their chocolate bars home, for their parents to sell, that doesn’t teach them a thing! It means so much more in the end, when they have done so much of the work themselves! So get the students involved as much as you can!
Be organized, it can all seem a bit over whelming at first, but if you start out & stay organized, you should be just fine! Assign each student and staff a duty to fulfill, and be sure they stick to it!
How It's Done:
*Bring your entire group together, discuss a date, and what the theme will be for the Candy Grams. Assign each member of your group their duties! (Get started right away on posters to advertise the event in advance)
*You Will Need: 3 tables, 2 students each. One to record The names of Senders & Recipients, the other to collect money! Have group members at these tables everyday at lunch hour for at least two weeks leading up to the event, to take the orders!
* Sit down and tally the amount of Candy Grams that have been purchased so far, to decide on the supplies you will need!
* After you have received funds from your first week of sales, take the money earned and purchase as many supplies as you can, for your Candy Grams! Be sure to get candies that match the chosen theme!
* Be sure to give the group a few days in between the cut off date and delivery date, to complete any last minute orders!
* Start production of your Candy Grams as soon as you can, to prevent pile up and panic later on!
* Remember to stay organized*
* You will need to pick a time of day to start your deliveries and obtain a copy of student schedules.
* Group Candy Grams together by class room during production, to make delivery run smoothly! Give each Candy Gram their destination label as it’s being finished, and group together in the same box or section!
* On the day of deliveries, pair your groups of 2 back together and send them to deliver the Candy Grams!
* The joy in the hallways that day, will be over whelming to your ears! The children will be excited to share that they were one to send or receive a special little gift! And the ones who participated in the production, will be so proud that they were the ones who helped make it all happen!